Red Squirrels, May 14
- New spaces with our small class
- Tools and making creative projects
- Fort building
- Bugs and what lives under logs
- Edible plants
- Weaving a spider web
- Making Dandelion tea and plant collection
- Building, gathering wood for forts and communicating group ideas for building
- Risk assessment of forts and balancing to move around the raised fort
- Making Ninja starts and other pointed weapons
- Learning how to weave a spider web
Did you like the dandelion tea? What part of the dandelion did we use? Who did you build a fort with and what rooms did you make?
Megan and Dawn's Crew
- Learning about ants and what they are attracted too, using oranges as bait so we could vacuum them up and then study them in the containers
- Playing group games, teaching each other games and sharing roles in the games. We played soccer, tunnel ball, many made-up games initiated by the kids including hide and seek and stuffy instructions, and predator vs. prey.
- Tool circle was a busy place making creations come to life! Walter made a stuffy swing, Cosma made an ant, Talia made a rainbow space ship, Theo made an alien and Julien made a Space unicorn.
Which bugs did you like collecting ? Did the ants eat the oranges? Which game did you teach the class, or which one was your favorite? Did you try a new tool in the tool circle today?